Wednesday, January 22, 2014

CAS Challenge--Dresses

 
 
I'm so excited about showing you guys the new stamp sets that I finally got this month. I had ordered them around Christmas, but due to the bad weather up north, it took a while for them to ship. Obviously, I was thrilled to see them finally arrive. I have ordered some more this month too. I can hardly wait to receive them. So, come back and see all my new creations real soon. If you wouldn't mind following my blog, I'd really appreciate that too. Thank you.
 
MOVING ON.....
 
Today, I'm showing you one of those stamp sets I received. This is one of my favorites that I have gotten so far. Although, I am sure I'll have more along the way! So, I can't be too partial. LOL!
 
 
 
 
This is the set that I purchased. Isn't it adorable?
 
Now, more about the project....
 
On my card, I used two different embossing folders. For the front of the card base, I used a dotted embossing folder, and I put the flower embossing folder across the entire top piece. 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 

 
I used the Gina K Designs Ink Pad set "Black Onyx" to stamp the card. In between the two embossing folders, I placed a piece of black and white scrap book paper underneath. This gave a layered look to the card. Which I absolutely love--the layered look.
 
 
 
I also put a piece of black polka-dotted ribbon at the bottom to tie it all together. Then, the final step was to put some black pearl beads on top of the words.
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this card, and perhaps learned something while here. There are endless things to do with a card in the stamping world. Many new techniques to learn. I will admit, I have a hard time doing these types of challenges. I love bling all over my cards. A card just doesn't feel completed until I have some kind of gems on top of them. So that's why this weekly challenge from Gina K. Designs challenges was so hard for me to do. So tell me what you think? Do you love or hate doing a CAS card? Thank you for stopping by. 


2 comments:

  1. That is lovely. I have an old friend who's a quilter and she was the first person that came to mind to send it to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I wish I was selling them, I'd let you have it. But right now, I'm still working on getting things right. :) My long-term goal is to sell them. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete