Friday, January 24, 2014

Mod Squad Challenge--Wood



Hi crafters, we are back today for another challenge. This challenge is brought to you by the Mod Squad blog. If you click over to the right side bar, you'll see their button. Click on it, and you can join in on the fun. This week's challenge has been to create a card with wood pieces on it. I think I've met that requirement.

On a side note, the card pictured up above may seem out of sorts but it's really not, it's just the best that I could do with cropping it. So I apologize. Here's the original photo below.


Let's begin by talking about what I did for this card. I first cut an A2 card out from a mint green card stock paper. Then, I cut a slightly smaller piece of paper from a different card stock pack. I began by working on the smaller piece of yellow card stock paper, first. I wanted to make sure my design would work. I decided to use a cut oval that I bought in a bag of cut ovals and odd shapes of paper, that make for the perfect focal point with the sentiment across it.

The first thing I did with the oval was to use the Gina K. Designs "Fresh Asparagus" ink. I used a dauber sponge and applied it doing it in a circular motion across the oval to match the roseate. Then, on top of the oval, I used a gold metallic gel glitter pen and outlined the grooves with it. Finally, I stamped the sentiment on the oval using the Gina K Designs stamp set, "Green Thumb Divs." I used the sentiment "Just Because."

        You can buy the ink pad here:

                                 Fresh Asparagus Ink Pad


Green Thumb Diva Mini Stamp Set- Rubber

                               You can buy the stamp set here:
                                                                Green Thumb Diva Stamp Set
 
I am beginning to make some "any day" type of cards for a group of ladies from my Sunday School class at church. I'm the record keeper and like to send cards to the ladies that visit our class for the first time, or for those in need. So this is my ministry that I am involved in with these cards. The ladies love them.

So the next thing I did had been to go to the Ac Moore store, where I had purchased a small pack of wooden miscellaneous pieces. I used the one with the roseate on it. It came with the adhesive attached to it, which I so loved. Then, I also purchased a packet of wooden buttons from a miscellaneous wood pack. I used the plain wooden button on top of the oval card stock. Then, I took a pink flower I had and placed it on top. Finally, I put a light pink bead on top of the flower because otherwise it was too flat.

Lastly, I put ribbon across the card itself. I used one green shinning piece of ribbon, and used it in the center of the three pieces. I then used two pieces of a bold pink of ribbon.

This card was obviously easy to make, and didn't take much time making it all. The most time was spent on the layout. This card is perfect to send to one of my sweet ladies who may in need of some encouragement for the week.

So, this is the gest of this card project and has been entered into the weekly challenge. YAY! Wish me luck to win! Hopefully, this card will have brought you some new insights of learning and how to's for card making. Until next time....remember to God first in everything.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome creation! Love the flower you created too! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catdidt,

      Thanks so much for your comments. I enjoy playing along. Blessings, Christine :)

      Delete